Chesterton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1AA
Guide Price £950,000
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Best talk to Bidwells.
A Victorian townhouse with accommodation arranged over 4 floors in this convenient, central city location close to Jesus Green, Midsummer Common and the River Cam.
- Versatile accommodation extending to an impressive 1,906 sq ft (177 sq m).
- Built in the early 1880s, the property is typical of the Victorian era with well proportioned rooms benefitting from high ceilings and bay windows.
- Superb investment opportunity, with the potential to generate an annual income of £57,600.
- Can easily revert back to a traditional family house and provides an ideal opportunity for prospective purchasers to carry out alterations and improvements to their own particular taste and standard.
- Currently 8 self-contained rooms arranged over 3 floors, including 2 large ground floor bedrooms which would provide excellent reception rooms.
- Lower ground floor accommodation, with independent entrance, ideal for conversion to a basement apartment for guests, au pair or letting purposes, if desired.
- Gas central heating
- Enclosed courtyard garden.
- NO CHAIN.
City Centre 0.5 of a mile, Cambridge Science Park 1.75 miles, A14 and M11 (junction 12 - southbound only) 2 miles, Mainline Railway Station (King's Cross and Liverpool Street lines) 1.75 miles, (distances are approximate).
135 Chesterton Road is believed to date from the late 1800s and is constructed with brick elevations under a slate roof. The accommodation, arranged over 4 floors, currently provides a store room, 8 self-contained rooms (4 of which are currently let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies) which include kitchenettes and wash hand basins. Originally built as a family house, the property could easily revert back, or presents an excellent opportunity for colleges, private individuals, entrepreneurs or companies to continue as a House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO) or to develop the premises to their own specific requirements, subject to complying to any change of use and planning permission.
- Cambridge (CBG) 2.38km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 2.50km
- Waterbeach 7.28km
- Great Shelford 7.30km
Schools - School Checker
These figures are only intended as a guide. Please make sure you obtain accurate figures from your lender before committing to any mortgage.