Gilmour Road, Cambridge, CB2 8DX
Guide Price £3,200 pcm (£738 pw)
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
An exceptionally well presented, and newly redecorated, contemporary townhouse situated within the award winning Accordia development in this prime south city location just minutes from the train station.
Gilmour Road lies to the south of Brooklands Avenue and to the west of Shaftesbury Road. It is just a mile from the heart of the city centre and within close proximity of Coe Fen and fields which lead down to the River Cam and Newnham. The wonderful University Botanic Gardens are just a few hundred yards away on the opposite site of Brooklands Avenue. There is a Co-operative store conveniently located just a few minutes walk away.
Some of the most highly regarded schools in the city, such as St Faith's, The Perse, St Mary's and The Ley's are all within easy walking or cycling distance of the property and there are also nursery schools in Chaucer Road.
London commuters are particularly well served with a mainline railway station within half a mile of the property providing services to Kings' Cross and Liverpool Street and the M11 (junction 11) is within about 2.5 miles providing access to Stansted Airport and the M25.
2 Gilmour Road was built by Countryside Properties in 2005 and offers contemporary accommodation over 3 floors. The internal finish is stylish and beautifully presented and the well proportioned accommodation with high ceilings and large deep glazed windows provide a light and airy feel throughout.
Particular Features of Note:
• Wonderful kitchen/dining/sitting room. Sitting Area with remote controlled pebble gas fire and large double-glazed door to inner courtyard.
• Superb Kitchen Area with range of wall and base cabinets with drawers and integrated AEG appliances comprising double oven, 5 ring gas hob with extractor hood over, dishwasher and washer dryer. Large free standing fridge freezer also included.
• Excellent second floor Master Bedroom Suite with range of fitted wardrobes, stylish En Suite Bath/Shower Room and deep glazed windows and sliding door along the western elevation leading to a delightful enclosed decked terrace.
• 2/3 further Bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes, and stylish Bath/Shower Room. Bedroom 2 also has access to an enclosed decked terrace. Main desk in the current study can be removed to convert back to a bedroom if required.
• Family bathroom with tiled flooring and partially tiled walls, bath and separate shower cubicle, sink and W.C.
• Gas fired under floor heating and high-performance double-glazed windows.
• Secure gated carport.
• In addition to the private terrace areas the occupiers will benefit from the use of the large communal gardens within the scheme.
Before moving into a rental property, it is essential for the tenant to contact the local service authorities to take over supplies. Listed below are some helpful telephone numbers:
Rent: £3,200.00 pcm Unfurnished.
Deposit: £3,692.00, returnable at the end of the tenancy, subject to there being no breaches of the terms of the tenancy.
Holding Deposit: £738.00
Once your application has been accepted, in order to reserve the property, the above holding deposit will need to be paid. Once received, we shall be able to start the referencing process. The holding deposit will be returned to you within 15 calendar days, unless the referencing and signing of the Tenancy Agreement exceeds this timeframe.
Please note this will be withheld if any relevant person (including guarantor(s) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee).
References are undertaken by an external referencing agency and are subject to a minimum four day waiting period. A tenancy will not be formally offered until we have received satisfactory references.
The first payment of the rent and deposit should ideally be paid by bank transfer. Please note that we cannot release keys until we have received confirmation that cleared funds have been received. Thereafter, payment of rent must be made by standing order.
Viewing strictly by appointment with Bidwells.
Important Notice: These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Bidwells has no authority to make or give in writing or verbally any representations or warranties in relation to the property. Any areas, measurement or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. No assumptions should be made that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Bidwells have not carried out a survey, nor tested the services, appliances or facilities. Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT unless confirmed otherwise.
In the interest of Health & Safety, please ensure that you take due care when inspecting any property.
Energy Performance Certificate: To inspect the full EPC for this property please contact our office.
- Cambridge (CBG) 0.64km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 4.15km
- Great Shelford 4.74km
- Waterbeach 9.16km
Schools - School Checker
Use our calculator to find out if you can afford the rent for this property, using your annual salary
Please note: If you're able to pay up front for the property, or provide a Guarantor, you may still be eligible