Woodlands Road, Great Shelford, Cambridge, CB22 5LW
Guide Price £3,250,000
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 Reception rooms
Best talk to Bidwells.
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME
- ONLINE VIEWING AVAILABLE! *
- Sought-after private road with direct access to Shelford Recreation Ground leading to village
- 1906 Edwardian extensively remodeled in recent years to a very high specification
- Substantial, ready to move in property with many designer touches and high ceilings throughout three floors
- Superb oak Kitchen/Breakfast Room filled with natural light
- 7 generously sized bedrooms and 5 full and one half bathrooms, all recently renovated
- Stunning 15 x 4m outdoor pool, Pool House/Annexe with Jacuzzi and Sauna
- Beautifully landscaped gardens by Julie Toll, seven time Chelsea gold winner, and grounds extending to .95 of an acre (0.386 hectares)
A stunning Edwardian family house, situated in this highly sought after private road, with beautifully refurbished and extended accommodation, an award-winning modernist extension and striking pool house/annexe.
Cambridge City Centre 4 miles, M11 (junction 11) 3 miles, Great Shelford Railway Station (King’s Cross and Liverpool lines) 0.5 of a mile, Addenbrooke’s Hospital/Biomedical Campus 3 miles (distances are approximate).
Woodlands Road is an attractive, tree-lined private road, situated close to the heart of the village and is characterized by substantial detached houses set in large plots. It has become widely recognised as the most prestigious address outside of Cambridge. Westwood sits within a plot of just under an acre and has direct access to Shelford Recreation Ground leading to the village centre beyond.
Dating from 1906, the house is typical of the Edwardian period with well proportioned rooms and high ceilings throughout. Considerably remodelled by the current and previous owners, old and new integrate effortlessly to now provide a sophisticated kitchen/family and dining area designed by the locally renowned architect, Toni Moses, and nominated for a prize in The Grand Designs Extension/remodelling category in 2009. The vast accommodation, extending to 5,620 sq ft (522 sq m), is arranged over 3 floors and successfully combines many original period features such as high ceilings, picture rails, cornicing and celling roses, with contemporary upgrades including kitchen skylight, glass window seat, bespoke joinery, bathrooms re-fitted with Mandarin stone marble and glass shower enclosures and full re-wiring and replumbing of the majority of the systems. The stunning rear extension brings in a tremendous amount of natural light and provides wonderful views over the gardens.
All works have been carried out to a very high specification with many designer touches throughout and the property offers potential purchasers a tremendous opportunity to acquire a substantial, ready to move in property that provides great flexibility suitable for a variety of family needs and the ability to work from home in a separate office.
- Great Shelford 0.61km
- Whittlesford 4.92km
- Cambridge (CBG) 5.57km
- Foxton 6.08km
Schools - School Checker
These figures are only intended as a guide. Please make sure you obtain accurate figures from your lender before committing to any mortgage.