Thurlow Road, Great Bradley, Newmarket, CB8 9LW
Guide Price £1,850,000
- 7 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 4 Reception rooms
Best talk to Bidwells.
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME
- An impressive 5,139 sq ft (477 sq m) of immaculately presented accommodation with many original period features
- Grand, dual aspect Drawing Room with decorative fireplace fitted with a log burner and box bay window overlooking the gardens
- Superb rustic yet contemporary Kitchen opening to a stunning Dining Room with part vaulted glazed ceiling, full height picture windows and bi-fold doors which open to the rear garden
- Spacious Family Room which is flooded with natural light and features surround sound and a real flame electric to one alcove
- Further Reception Rooms comprising a Large Gym/Games Rooms and dedicated Study which overlooks the gardens
- Ground Floor Bedroom with En Suite Shower Room which would be ideal as a guest suite or for dependent relatives
- Luxurious, triple aspect Principal Bedroom Suite which enjoys fabulous views over the gardens and benefits from a Dressing Room and En Suite Shower Room
- 5 further generously proportioned Bedrooms and a further 3 stylish Bath/Shower Rooms (1 En Suite), one of which features a roll top bath
- Delightful Gardens and Grounds of 6.02 acres (2.435 hectares) and including a full size Tennis Court and heated Swimming Pool
- Large gravel driveway and 2 bay Cart Lodge provide ample parking facilities
A magnificent and imposing period home extending to a substantial 5,139 sq ft (477 sq m) and set in beautiful gardens and grounds with pond, tennis court and heated swimming pool, located in the charming village of Great Bradley.
Cambridge 14 miles, Newmarket Station 7.5 miles, Haverhill 6.5 miles, Dullingham Station 5.2 miles, Bury St Edmunds 17 miles, the M11 (junction 10) 17 miles, Stansted Airport 33 miles. (distances are approximate).
Originally two separate dwellings, Pond House is a magnificent period property formed of a brick and thatched cottage and a larger Edwardian house with attractive mock Tudor timber design. Situated within one of the largest plots in Great Bradley, the former village pond sits within its gardens and the property enjoys a peaceful location at the edge of the village, surrounded by open countryside.
Greatly extended and altered over the years, the current owners purchased the property in 2003 and have carried out a full programme of refurbishment and renovations. In 2009, they further extended to the rear elevation to create a superb kitchen/dining room featuring glazed bi-fold doors which enjoy the vista over the beautiful and expansive gardens. The refurbishment works have been carried out sympathetically and to an exceptional standard, with great care given to retain the numerous period features this character house has to offer. Featuring a modern and well planned layout that seamlessly flows from room to room, Pond House is a stunning and versatile family home which extends to an impressive 5,139 sq ft (447 sq m) and offers potential purchasers the opportunity to acquire a special and unique home set in a wonderfully private and secluded location.
- Dullingham 7.72km
- Newmarket 10.23km
- Kennett 14.61km
- Whittlesford 19.45km
Schools - School Checker
These figures are only intended as a guide. Please make sure you obtain accurate figures from your lender before committing to any mortgage.