Search Bidwells

Search Bidwells

Need an agent who helps things go smoothly? Best talk to Bidwells.

Our people

    Sorry, there are no results for your search. Please try again loader
      Renting/ Living in rented property

      Living in rented property

      Eddington_200421 25

      Many of our properties are fully managed, meaning we take care of the whole process, from getting you settled-in to arranging maintenance when needed. Our Lettings team are only too happy to help you feel at home.


      Who is responsible for utilities?

      Tenants are responsible for paying utility bills and council tax for the duration of their contractual tenancy agreement. 

      Who will carry out the safety checks for the property?

      Qualified gas safe registered engineers will carry out gas safety checks annually and you will be provided with a copy of the CP12 certificate confirming these checks. You will also be provided with an EICR electrical safety certificate which has been carried out by a qualified NICEIC registered electrician. Any portable appliances will be checked too. 

      Will I receive an energy rating certificate?

      You will receive an Energy Performance certificate which measures the energy efficiency of a property on a scale of A-G. Energy Performance Certificates were introduced in England and Wales in 2007 and are a legal requirement for a building to be sold, let, or constructed. Once obtained, an EPC is valid for 10 years. 

      Who is responsible for insurance?

      Tenants are responsible for arranging their own contents insurance. Landlords will be responsible for ensuring they have appropriate buildings insurance in place.  

      Who is responsible for the management of the property?

      Either Bidwells or the landlord will be responsible for the management of the property. Please do not hesitate to ask us for details on this. 

      Will I be charged for late payment of rent?

      Late rent payment charges will be levied at 3% above the Bank of England base rate and shall become chargeable after 14 days arrears. 

      Dark blue background - big

      Need to report a fault?

      Click below to access our repair reporting system

      Report a fault
      Superb Service and Communciation

      I am so pleased with the assistance from Niki and Irene during the letting process. They both were so kind and helpful in answering my questions and had great communication the entire time. Highly recommend Bidwells!

      Maya Strohm | March 2023

      Bidwell's are helpful and professional

      Bidwell's have let our property to two different tenants and managed the property throughout. They have been helpful and professional. They have kept us informed throughout. Very pleased with the service.

      Lee Denison | March 2023

      Highly recommended.

      Dealing with Bidwells has been a joy. Niki was very professional, very prompt in all correspondence and we were kept well informed at every stage. The speed at which the transaction was completed was amazing. Highly recommended!

      Rajiv Khushu | February 2023

      Good job from Bidwells

      It was a very good experience dealing with Bidwells staff. From the sales negotiator (James Munro) to the dedicated tenancy team (Matt Kirkland). Both the Bidwells process and communications worked very well, with very clear and step-by-step instructions.
      It was very quick and efficient to get the things done for my rental.

      Jose Carlos Vincoletto | Feb 2023

      The Bidwells letting team is excellent

      Full of enthusiastic, professional, prompt and responsive members. A special thanks to Irene, who managed my enquiries and Amber, who is managing my rental and helping me settle into a new home.

      Elena | Feb 2023


      What happens if I wanted to terminate my tenancy agreement?

      If you wish to terminate your tenancy agreement, then you will be required to give 2 months notice, and to end the tenancy no earlier than the initial fixed term end date. If your tenancy rolls onto a monthly periodic agreement then you will need to give 2 months notice prior to your requested tenancy end date. 

      What happens if my landlord wants to terminate our tenancy agreement?

      The landlord will need to give you 2 months’ notice and end the tenancy no earlier than the initial fixed term end date. If your tenancy rolls onto a monthly periodic agreement, then they will need to give 2 months notice prior to the requested tenancy end date. Terms may be subject to change 

      What is a tenancy break clause?

      A break clause in the tenancy agreement gives the landlord or tenant the right to end a fixed term tenancy, on a date to be agreed, before the expiry of the fixed term period (subject to landlord approval) 

      Is my deposit safe?

      Yes. We hold your deposit as part of the Insured Tenancy Deposit Scheme. The deposit is protected, and at the end of the tenancy shall be returned to you, subject to possible deductions against dilapidations or rent arrears. 

      key contact

      Get in touch with our team